Friday, September 22, 2017

Biker chick!

I had a commission in for a "Burgundy haired biker chick with a basket of cats on the front of her motorbike" card and had a hunt round for a suitable digi. It was for a 60th birthday so I wanted something not too childish but still fairly cute. I found this awesome image from The Paper Shelter called "Undetected on the Routes"!


Obviously I couldn't find one with a basket of cats on the front so I had to add that in. I amended the original digistamp and added in a basket, then took the bike light off the original stamp and put it back to the front of the bike. So my cats were kinda sewn into place!


The image is polychromo pencils on kraft card with white posca pen highlights on the eyes and glossy accents on the lights and googles. I am particularly happy with how to metal work on the exhausts turned out!


I matted the image onto a 17 x 17 cm card blank made from pre-printed card stock (I think from Everycraftsapound?) and added flowers from Wild Orchid & Hobbycraft.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, I always admire your colouring, the bike and the girl looks so real, fantastic, have a lovely weekend, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Annabel! and I really love your kitties in the basket!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete