Monday, March 07, 2016

Sew Special Sheila.

Commissioned card for Sheila's 80th birthday. Theme - machine sewing! :) I continually try to make an orange and green combo card, and I don't know why I keep doing it! It's really tough I think, and I'm not sure I succeeded with this card either. It's hard to get the right balance, but as I was matching the backing paper from the start off, it kind of had to be tackled.


Ingredients:
  • Elements from Hero Arts Sew Crafty Digikit
  • Papermania/Do Crafts Happy Days 12x12 pad
  • Chipboard Mannequins from Craftworkcards.com
  • Joy Wood texture paper bloc (15cmx30cm)
  • Die cut paper embellishment pack from Paperchase.
  • Distress Inks, White ink, Heart pins, Card, buttons, thread - all from the stash. 

Close up detail. Singer Sewing Machine image from Google, recoloured using Paint Shop Pro.  Cotton reels, Scissors and buttons all elements from Hero Arts Digikit. 


2 comments:

  1. Love all the elements, did you get your sewing machine out for the stitching LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sewing images and elements and I like how you persoalized it - I know the recipient must have loved this! How fun to be commissioned to make cards!

    ReplyDelete